It’s November, a month in which I have often run through a list of things in my life for which I’m grateful, posting one each day up there on Facebook.
But this year, wow, things are so weird, aren’t they? I’m not of a mind to give Facebook a lot of content these days – I even took a break from that site and still resent its psychologically-tuned addictive delights (but darn it, it’s an unparalleled place to find out about weddings, funerals, and births).
So I’m going to get it all out of the way and share a list of things I’m grateful for right here:
- Leftover Halloween candy.
- That we have the privilege of electing our leaders. Even when things seem to be a little screwy in our country, as they do as I write this on November 2, 2020, I believe in our system and I believe in America. Can we strive to be better? Yep. But I believe that we are worth it.
- People who remember my birthday.
- My sweet husband, who doesn’t make fun of me for making a big deal out of my own birthday like I’m 5.
- Our couple of kids, who are now both in their 20s but still full of surprises. Mostly good ones.
- Family members who make me smile and have my back. They know who they are. I love them hugely.
- A group of really incredible people whom I’m lucky to call friends, people from all the way back in elementary school on up to the folks I’ve met in the last couple of years. I learn from and am inspired by each of them.
- Our two very affectionate and amusing cats.
- A job that lets me talk to and learn about interesting people.
Okay, that’s enough of that for now.
As I started writing the above it occurred to me that it’s asking a lot to ask people to comb through a list of 30 things. But it is a great thing in these unsettled days to catalogue the good things you’ve got going on, and I hope you can think of a few, yourself.
3 thoughts on “Grrrrrrrr-ate(ful), part 1”
Wow! I have been inspired. Thank you for your words.
Well, I appreciate your response! Thanks, Larry!